Cleaning and Oiling
Always keep your keychain/key blade clean. Wipe away debris and, if needed, wash with a mild detergent. The blade may corrode if not properly cared for. To protect your knife, simply wipe a light coating of oil on the blade, pivot points, and lock before storing. Alythuh LLC highly recommends Sentry Solutions Tuf products.
Removing light rust
If your key blades blade does develop rust spots, you can remove them by using a light abrasive, such as Flitz metal polish or Bon Ami cleanser made into a paste with a little water. Use an absorbent soft cloth to apply the cleanser. If the rust is more than just surface, try Loctite naval jelly or WD-40.
About blade coatings
Although Alythuh LLC's coatings are designed to stand up to continual knife use, in time, all coatings will show some wear. Scratches and other signs of wear should be expected and considered normal.
After applying a light coating of oil to blade and pivot, store keychain/key blade clean closed, in cool and low-light areas.
Alythuh LLC commitment to safe key blade and sword use
We hope that you, as our consumer, will honor your role as a conscientious key blade owner, and only use your Alythuh LLC key blade product in a safe and responsible manner, working with it only as it was designed and intended to be used.
Any time you use a key blade/sword, always keep safety in mind, and please follow these basic key blade safety rules...
- Know exactly how your Alythuh LLC key blade/sword works prior to use, and practice safely opening and closing the knife before applying it
- Always keep your Alythuh LLC key blade/sword sharp: a properly sharpened knife functions better than a dull knife, in addition to being safer to use
- Always keep the blade edge and point of your Alythuh LLC key blade/sword pointed in a safe direction, ensuring that there is no one in close proximity to the location where you plan to apply it
- Always cut away from your body, or from the body of any other person around which the key blade is being applied
- Always keep your Alythuh LLC key blade closed and your fixed blade/sword sheathed when not in use
- Never use excess force to replace your Alythuh LLC key blade/sword within its sheath. If there is resistance during the replacement process and excess force is used, you may risk serious personal injury. Often, forcing the blade back into the sheath is a result of incorrect replacement. Check the position of the blade at the mouth of the sheath and use care to ease the blade into the sheath’s body
- Remember: Only use your knife to cut. Never use it to hammer, pry, ice-pick, etc
- Never throw your Alythuh LLC key blade/sword. Contrary to what films and TV depict, knives are not designed to be thrown, and you risk damage to the knife, in addition to serious potential injury to yourself or another person
- If, for any reason, the blade of your Alythuh LLC key blade does not lock in the open position, do not attempt to use the knife. Please contact Alythuh LLC Customer Services immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Never place pressure on the blade of a Alythuh LLC key blade in a direction that might cause it to close on your fingers
- Never attempt to take apart your Alythuh LLC key blade. Doing so may make the knife unsafe, and will void any possibilities of a return. If your Alythuh LLC key blade requires repair, contact Alythuh LLC Customer Services
- Take the time to thoroughly explain knives and knife safety to any children in your household. Teach them that knives are tools, not toys. Their education as responsible knife users and/or future knife owners begins with their being made fully aware as to how to safely handle and care for a knife
You can find additional information regarding knife safety from the American Knife & Tool Institute.